Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Three WEEKS Down

Hey y'all!

I am flummoxed as to how three weeks have gone by already. It's crazy, isn't it, how it flies by? Here are some things I've learned so far.

1. Teaching is physically and emotionally exhausting. I'm on my feet all day, and in my bits of "free time", I'm going to the guidance counselor's office, to the main office, to the copy room, to team meetings...I barely have time to breathe. And my room has a lot of adults in it, which, for someone who needs her alone time to get her head in the game and sort through things, is very much a source of frustration.

2. Kids! They go crazy at the full moon. I have nothing further to add to that.

3. Other teachers will provide advice. Sometimes, you want the advice. Other times, it's less "advice" and more "condescending and unhelpful". I'm good about asking for help. Still figuring out how to kindly tell someone to stop with the commentary.

4. Math fundamentals are SO key. I've spoken to secondary teachers who work in math. They tell me their content is hard to teach. I bet it is. My kids struggle with basic math concepts, and if that backslide has started already, higher level math must be a beast.

Anyhow. I'm slowly finding my footing, and I still love what I do. It's just really, really hard.

xoxo
Miss Zee

No comments:

Post a Comment